What’s Different Post-Covid
JAG Gym is following all recommended guidelines from the CDC, California Department of Pulbic Health, as well as the State and Local government to make our facility safe for clients and staff. JAG also completed a course to earn the COVID-19 Safety Compliance Certificate from LA Public Health.
All of our operations are indoors! Parent viewing is available outside the roll-up door in order to keep building occupancy at appropriate levels. The upstairs restrooms are available for JAG visitors, and the giftshop and concessions are accessible.
We know that airflow is critical to the prevention of the spread of COVID-19. We are very fortunate that we have large garage doors that help with the airflow. We also spent a great deal of time investigating solutions to increase airflow in the gym. We chose to partner with BAF as they have upgraded their fan technology to include a Clean Air System that pairs scientifically proven air purifying technologies with a powerful airflow solution: four huge fans on our ceiling. This results in a system that kills 99.99% of pathogens that can cause diseases like COVID-19 and influenza and provide cleaner air. You can read more about their technology here. Bonus: it will also cool the gym by as much as 10 degrees in the summer!
DISINFECTION AND CLEANING
- Disinfection - JAG uses medical-grade disinfectants which are CDC-approved, effective against COVID-19 and safe for everyone.
- Electrostatic Disinfectant Sprayer - we have added the latest technology in disinfection - electrostatic sprayers and contract with EnviroMaster to use a Vital Oxide solution throughout the facility.
- Common Areas - lobbies, restrooms, and other areas that are open to families are regularly disinfected.
WE'VE GONE TOUCHLESS
- In Bathrooms - faucets, soap dispensers, and paper towel dispensers are touchless.
- Sanitizer Dispensers - additional touchless sanitizer dispensers have been added in both the lobbies and gym area.
- Entry Doors - all doors into the lobby area, as well as from the lobby into the gym, remain propped open to allow clients to enter without contact.
- Disinfectant Wipes/Staff Disinfectant Sprayers - disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer lotion, and sanitizing sprayers are located throughout the facility. Athletes are asked to disinfect throughout their workout.
- Hand Sanitizers - Additional hand sanitizer stations have been added throughout the facility.
PPE AND SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Capacity and Separation - JAG has the advantage of maintaining a large gym area, so athletes can spread throughout the gym.
- Face Coverings - All staff and visitors over the age of two must wear masks at all times, including athletes.
- Front Desk Shields - Our new plexiglass shields are designed to provide a protective layer between individuals and front desk staff.
- Physical Distancing Markers - physical distancing signs and marks are present throughout the facility to remind visitors to remain at least 6 feet apart. In addition, visitors wishing to view class can do so outside of the side roll-up doors, keeping our lobbies free of congestion.
- Symptoms - members or staff experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, but who have not tested positive, are required to not visit the club until 14 days after symptoms are gone.
- Temperature Check - touchless thermometers will be used to check body temperatures of staff and clients entering the facility. In accordance with CDC guidelines, individuals with a body temperature above 100.4 degrees will be not be permitted.
- Specified Rotations - pre-designated spaces are provided for class participants which are assigned a specific time of use.
- Water Breaks - each athlete will carry their water bottle throughout the class (please bring a water bottle from home). We have removed the communal water fountains and installed a touchless water bottle filler.