What’s Different Post-Covid
JAG Gym is following all recommended guidelines from the CDC, California Department of Pulbic Health, as well as the State and Local government to make our facility safe for clients and staff. Below is an overview of the procedures in place to make JAG safe for you and your child.
CURRENTLY, ALL CLASSES, TEAMS AND CAMP ARE CONDUCTED OUTSIDE. WE HAVE FENCED THE PARKING AREA AROUND THE BUILDING AND BROUGHT MATS, CARPETS AND EQUIPMENT OUTSIDE ACCORDING TO THE STATE AND COUNTY REQUIREMENTS.
DISINFECTION AND CLEANING
- Cleaning Guidelines - we have added regular cleaning of mats and surfaces throughout the day and overnight. We have retrained staff and required their participation in the new cleaning guidelines.
- Disinfection - standards have been raised. We are using medical-grade disinfectants which are CDC-approved, effective againsst COVID-19 and safe for everyone.
- Electrostatic Disinfectant Sprayer - we have added the latest technology in disinfection - electrostatic sprayers, and contracted EnviroMaster to use a Vital Oxide solution throughout the facility.
- Common Areas - lobbies, restrooms and other areas that are open to families are regularly disinfected.
WE'VE GONE TOUCHLESS
- In Bathrooms - faucets, soap dispensers and paper towel dispensers are now touchless.
- Sanitizer Dispensers - additional touchless sanitizer dispensers have been added in both the lobbies and gym area.
- Entry Doors - all doors into the lobby area, as well as from the lobby into the gym, remain propped open to allow clients to enter without contact.
- Disinfectant Wipes/Staff Disinfectant Sprayers - disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer lotion, and sanitizing sprayers are located throughout the facility. Athletes are asked to disinfect both their hands and feet after each rotation. Our disinfectant products are proven to kill 99.999% of germs (including viruses, bacteria, & fungi).
- Hand Sanitizers - Additional hand sanitizer stations have been added throughout the facility. Members will be asked to use hand sanitizer when entering the club and throughout their visit. The hand sanitizer solution kills up to 99.9% of germs and includes at least 60% ethyl alcohol, the CDC’s guidelines.
PPE AND SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Capacity and Separation - JAG has the advantage of maintaining a large gym area, so athletes can spread throughout the gym.
- Face Coverings - all staff and visitors to JAG must wear masks at all time, including athletes when exercising
- Front Desk Shields - it’s all about protection for members and staff. Our new plexiglass shields are designed to provide a protective layer between individuals and front desk staff.
- Physical Distancing Markers - physical distancing signs and marks are present throughout the facility to remind visitors to remain at least 6 feet apart. In addition, tables and chairs have been removed from the lobby with limited seating available to maintain proper distancing.
- Symptoms - members or staff experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, but who have not tested positive, are required to not visit the club until 14 days after symptoms are gone.
- Alerts - if a client or staff person tests positive for COVID-19, we ask that they notify the general manager if they visited JAG within 14 days prior to the positive test date. JAG will contact all potentially exposed persons if there is a confirmed case. Anyone testing positive must not visit during a 14-day period after the positive test date.
- Temperature Check - touchless thermometers will be used to check body temperatures of staff and clients entering the facility. In accordance with CDC guidelines, individuals with a body temperature above 100.4 degrees will be not be permitted.
- Temporarily on Pause - during our initial reopening, the following programs are not available: Parties, camp for children under 5. We hope to reopen these programs in the near future.
- Class Ratios - we have reduced athlete-teacher ratio (preschool 4:1, ages 5 and older 6:1) to limit interactions and allow for distancing during classes.
- Specified Rotations - pre-designated spaces and equipment are provided for class participants which are assigned a specific time of use.
- Social Distancing - social-distancing is practiced in all classes and the gym has been set-up to provide distancing guidance.
- Water Breaks - each athlete will carry their water bottle throughout the class (please bring a water bottle from home). We have removed the communal water fountains and installed a touchless water bottle filler.